AR for healthcare
Augmented reality has changed the way of diagnosis and treatment and provides a good platform to train medical practitioners. Augmented reality is a technology that adds value to the real world by overlaying and displaying real-time digital data such as videos, animations and 3D models via the camera view of your smartphones and AR specific glasses. A simple procedure of scanning the 2D image of the organ can create a 3D impact of the same image for better learning. This is possible only with AR.
AR technology mentally prepares the patient for the surgery. There’s a general phobia in the patient’s mind regarding their surgeries, which generates fear, stress and panic situation before the operation. But augmented reality technology can reduce these situations and help doctors to get complete cooperation from the patient during the surgery.
Let’s take an example of Coronary Artery Disease (CAD). CAD is a vascular injury with cholesterol plaque builds up in the arteries, known as atherosclerosis.
If a patient suffering from CAD can see how it is caused, what exactly the reason behind his/her suffering, what are the symptoms of the disease etc. helps the patient to relate their cause and the symptoms. The diagnosis and treatment procedure explained by the AR helps to understand that the treatment of CAD is just a minor surgery in which a catheter is inserted into the body following some further steps the plaque can be removed from the artery with lesser pain and without any severe danger. Thus AR helps patients to have a holistic view of the CAD surgery.
On the other hand, doctors can use augmented reality to educate patients and even for their own training. This augmented reality technology assists, cardiologist, to get prepared for the delicate procedure of the surgery and also assist them in pre-operative and operative settings, ranging from using the augmented reality technology to explain the procedure to the patients and their family members and answer any questions they might have.
BENEFITS OF AR IN MEDICAL:
- Helps to select the best course of action in a more complex case.
- For patients, AR significantly improves the quality of treatment they receive from the healthcare provider.
- Augmented reality technology allows medical training to become much more interactive and immediate.
- AR can be used to better illustrate the impact of particular disease and the consequences.
- Helps in taking more informed healthcare decision leading to a better standard of care.
- AR technology helps in determining the cause, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment of the disease and after treatment care of the patient.
To know more about Augmented reality do visit our website www.ethosh.com
And explore the world of VR and AR.