With the development of recent technologies and in lieu of the COVID-19 pandemic, the future of healthcare is unfolding in front of all of us. Over the last few years, we have familiarised ourselves with a wide range of digital technologies that have improved the world of healthcare. Robotics have transformed the surgical space by making it faster, more efficient and less invasive for patients. Artificial intelligence provides medical professionals with the ability to look at a patient’s medical history to understand the probability of conditions in the future.
The deeper we dive, the more IT and Healthcare intertwine, forming a strong symbiosis that promotes progress and innovation.
Digital systems and technological innovation transform unsustainable medical systems to more sustainable and future-friendly systems. Today, we have listed out the technologies that we believe will transform the future of the sector.
- Virtual Reality- VR experiences transform the medical services sector for both patients and service providers. A VR training program translates to a 230% boost in the efficiency of a surgeon’s performance according to a Harvard Business Review Study.
- Augmented Reality- AR could prove to be one of the most revolutionary learning aid in the medical field to ever be incorporated. AR experiences create detailed and accurate representations of anatomies, giving medical students a never-seen-before advantage.
- Artificial intelligence- The field of AI has the potential to transform the sector completely. Algorithms can be programmed to dig through medical records, create custom treatment plans and even design medicines.
- Sensors- from Fitbits to Polar watches, sensors and wearable devices provide an unprecedented opportunity to observe and understand your own body and state of mind.
- Nanotechnology- nanoparticles and nanodevices improve the delivery of treatments in a large number of patients. Medicines that utilise this technology can be navigated to very specific areas in the body to get the most out of their ingredients.
- 3D printing- from prosthetics to blood vessels, the medical and pharmaceutical industries see incredible benefits from this technology. This technology is extremely useful in treating patients suffering from a wide range of post-calamity or post-accident issues.
The healthcare sector is experiencing small revolutionary changes on a daily basis. At Ethosh, we try to play an active part in promoting innovation and making the future of healthcare more accessible than ever.